New health and safety protocols in place, reservations required to limit capacity for social distancing. Event open select dates Dec 5-Dec 27. Reservations open November 16.
DOSWELL, Va. (Nov. 10, 2020) – Kings Dominion is reopening in December with a new limitedtime, limited-capacity event, Kings Dominion’s Taste of the Season: An Outdoor Holiday Experience. The holiday celebration will feature 25 sweet and savory tastings, festive themed areas, live shows, and 16 popular rides throughout the park. The event will be open on select dates between December 5 and December 27
The park has developed stringent health, safety and hygiene protocols, which align with CDC guidance and incorporate information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with state and local government officials to protect guests and associates.
"This has been a challenging year for everyone, which is why we are ready and excited to welcome guests back to the park for some holiday cheer," said Tony Johnson, vice president and general manager at Kings Dominion. "Kings Dominion has a comprehensive safety plan in place that has proven to be effective in all of our sister parks that were allowed to safely operate earlier this year. We can't wait for families to return to the park and make treasured holiday memories safely."
A video and detailed information are available at KingsDominion.com that outline the new protocols to ensure a safe and sanitary environment:
- To manage park capacity, every guest will need a reservation. Season passholders may reserve dates through our new online system. A reservation will also be tied to every single-day ticket. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- A requirement to complete a simple online pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to visiting the park;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. Face coverings may not have exhalation valves or vents.
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitation stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
Complete information and FAQs are available at kingsdominion.com.
Reservations will be required for all guests to manage capacity and maintain social distance standards. Season Passholder reservations open November 16, and single-day tickets (which will automatically be tied to a reservation) will be available beginning November 18.
All guests are asked to download Kings Dominion’s free mobile app to manage their season passes and tickets, make park reservations, complete the health declaration and get the latest information during park visits.
B-roll and photos are available here. Please courtesy Kings Dominion.
About Kings Dominion
Kings Dominion, a 400-acre amusement park located in Doswell, VA off I-95, is home to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions, including 12 world-class roller coasters and Soak City, a top-rated 20-acre waterpark. Kings Dominion is a property of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world.
Maggie Sellers, Communications Manager